The goal of CommUnity is to address the food quality and youth resilience issues in local underprivileged high schools. Our current primary goal is to create a hub where students can meet and engage in social activities.
We are planning to implement a total of 3 phases for CommUnity.
Phase 1: Community Garden (Summer 2016)
- Build a sustainable community garden on campus for students to hang out and learn about sustainability.
Phase 2: STEM Projects for Students (Fall 2016)
- Optimizing soil water retention and plant respiration rates.
- Coding automatic irrigation systems.
- Designing distribution layout for more gardens.
- Other projects that students may think up themselves
Phase 3: Cooking Classes (Winter 2017)
- Supporting healthy and nutritional diets and teaching students the importance of it.
- Capitalizing of the functionality of the CommUnity Garden by using the crops produced there.
- Motivating students to use and share healthy recipes they learn
Please contact Project leaders Joanna Cheung at firstname.lastname@example.org or Bob Wang at email@example.com.