Our Mission is to build an economical small-scale hydrogen fuel cell system and power it with hydrogen fuel cell system and power it with hydrogen from local sources. With this, our goal is to educate the UC San Diego community about this alternative source of energy.
After successful construction and implementation at UC San Diego, we would like to reach out to local high schools and host workshops there.
- Acquire a small hydrogen fuel cell.
- Produce hydrogen from solar-powered hydrolysis.
- Obtain methane from local landfills/waste water treatment plants and convert it to hydrogen bio reformation.
- Power speakers, popcorn machines or any device similar in energy needs with our fuel cell.
- September 2015 – Project Start
- September 2015 to April 2016 – Research and Design Phase
- September 2016 to October 2016 – Hydrolysis and methane reformation
- November 2016 – Integration
- November 2016 to December 2016 – Lauch and implementation
- January 2017 to March 2017 – Community outreach
If you have any questions or would like to reach out to the team, you can contact their project leaders Evan Mueller and Jose Duran at email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org respectively.